We comply with keeping personal information secret in the manner described in the following policies regarding the storage of personal information.
1. Definition of Personal Information
Our company defines personal information as all information that can be used to discern who an individual is, as well as any other kind of information that could be easily collated to discern a particular individual.
2. About Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is collected via legal and fair means to the extent necessary to achieve a stated goal that has been clearly established.
3. Usage of Personal Information
Personal information will be used within the scope of its purpose for collection of that information that the user has agreed to in prior.
Should unavoidable circumstances necessitate a change in the purpose for collection, the user will be notified of said reason or change in purpose or said information will be disseminated via an official announcement.
4. About Disclosure of Personal Information
In regards to the disclosure of information within the realm of legal possibility and for the facilitation of smooth corporate operations, there are instances wherein third parties may be privy to or entrusted with personal information as described below:
1. When the individual to whom said information belongs agrees to said disclosure
2. When law mandates said disclosure
3. When it is determined that personal information must be made available for the purposes of protecting the rights, finances, safety, or services of Lionsfilm, Lionsgame, or another individual when a service member has violated our terms of service
4. When Lionsfilm Limited or Lionsgame ventures, including the handling and management of personal information, are inherited due to merger, corporate separation, or conveyance of business ventures
5. When it proves necessary for Lionsfilm or Lionsgate to cooperate in the execution of tasks legally ordained by a public institution or a party consigned by a public institution to engage in said tasks and when there exists the possibility for impeding the aforementioned execution of said tasks by gaining the consent of the person in question
5. About Measures Taken To Protect Personal Information
All personnel at Lionsfilm Limited and Lionsgame constantly maintain awareness of issues concerning personal information and its protection (such as illegal access of personal information, leakage of personal information, loss of personal information, corruption of personal information, and falsification of personal information).
Furthermore, Lionsfilm and Lionsgame have adopted policies to better protect personal information, consistently maintain our records of personal information, continuously inspect our companies’ system for maintaining said information in an effort to address any potential vulnerabilities and to address and improve those aspects of our system, thereby maintaining an appropriate level of countermeasures to potential issues.
6. Norms in Regard to Legal Compliance and Personal Information
Lionsfilm Limited and Lionsgame comply with all laws related to our business, principles set forth by the Japanese government, and all other related norms and standards related to the handling of personal information acquired through usage of our company’s services.
Furthermore, should any of the aforementioned laws related to our business, principles set forth by the Japanese government, and all other related norms and standards be revised or altered, we will adapt our company’s practices to meet said revisions and/or alterations.
7. About Revisions to Policies Regarding Storage of Personal Information
When revisions are made to this set of policies, the date and content of said changes will be announced here.
*For any inquiries regarding our companies’ handling of personal information, please contact us here.
Enacted May, 1, 2014
President and CEO Takeshi Mori